Wednesday 18 February 2015

Vinyl, Track 1, Josef Anton Riedl Club Fantasy, Rauschenberg On Acid...Time/Life


What? He Did? When? Yesterday? He chopped up a photo of a record! What does it look like? I see...

Vinyl, Track 1

***

Listening to Lee Perry's Apeman Skank one minute, then Josef Anton Riedl's Komposition No.3 and thinking 'That's a fine combination, the kind I'd like to play at my fantasy music night populated by select punters who could only gain entry by answering three simple questions: What kind of pie did Mingus make a track about? Who directed The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg? And who wrote Endgame?' So I played great music to myself, that's nothing new. I've emptied dance floors...and filled them...such is the life of a DJ...



***

Meanwhile, in Nice last year, I dropped acid and stared at a Rauschenberg for three hours...here's what it looked like...



***

What am I doing? Do I know where I'm going? Who does? I continue regardless through life, this 'excursion on a wobbly rail', time snipping seconds from however much I have...

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain. - Frank Herbert



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...