Thursday 9 June 2016

FELICIA ATKINSON + JEFRE CANTU-LEDESMA - Comme Un Seul Narcisse


Felicia Atkinson & Jefre Cantu-Ledesma team for new Shelter Press release, singlehandedly raise the collective GPA of the entire music industry

....bloody listening...argh...
I wish people would make/I mean I wish more people would make music for not listening to/I mean music that doesn't require listening ..... just hearing - right?
Felicia Atkinson and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma refuse my demand. Too late now for them to hear it. I repeat. More background sound, please.
Need I tell you that Comme Un Seul Narcisse is to be listened to? You don't wanna know. You haven't got time. You have got time. Make time. Put on the headphones. Listen. Or don't. I hate being told what to do by anyone, don't you? 
Track 6: ME - hold on because I'm drifting away on a little blissful cloud of reverie...gentle...& I might say so beautiful in its simplicity........................Track 7: LA - a wake-up swoosh intro to cello & field recordings...
the rest? what, all of it? you don't know what you're listening to a lot of the time - now isn't that a great thing about sound? about musique concrete? about recording - atmospherics, clunks, rubbing, rustling and finally, the last statement...all that scratching is making me itch...like the death knell of a doomed Bronx DJ watching his speakers being stolen in the park....a sorry sight, for sure, & a suitably low down coda for a crucial listening experience..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...